Granite is beautiful and durable, but not indestructible. Taking proper care of your granite can increase it’s life exponentially. Here are some tips:
Steiert – 2014 Parade Home (Waunakee, WI)
- The safest way to clean granite countertops is with a specifically designed cleaner. A neutral cleaner is a must. Our suppliers recommend one cleaner, Stone Tech Revitalizer.
- Avoid anything that is not PH balanced, including bleach, Soft Scrub, and Windex.
- To avoid streaking, wipe the countertop completely dry.
- The best way to avoid a stain is to quickly wipe off the compound in question.
- A PH balanced dish soap and water will work to clean your countertops well.
- The sealer does not waterproof the countertop. If your granite darkens when it is wet, do not be alarmed, it will return to the original color when it dries.
- While stains are rare, they can be caused by cooking oil. When cooking with oil, wipe your countertops clean when you are finished.
- Granite is a quartz-based material and can be scratched by quartz or anything harder.